various tools

Safety Certification in Drayton Valley – Your Questions Answered

Have questions for us? Have a look at Vital Safety Training Ltd.’s frequently asked questions regarding the courses we offer at our Drayton Valley facility. Call or email us today to register or learn more!


What is the difference between Emergency First Aid and Standard First Aid?

Emergency First Aid is a one day course where students learn CPR for adults and basic first aid until medical help arrives. This course provides training for treating shock and unconsciousness, severe bleeding, head and spinal injuries and major medical conditions. It also includes AED training and certification.


Standard First Aid is a two day course that covers all the skills that our Emergency First Aid course covers, along with first aid for fractures of upper and lower limbs, and CPR for children and infants.


To find out which course you need for your employment, please check with the Occupation Health and Safety regulations.


How long is an Energy Safety Canada H2S Alive course?

Energy Safety Canada states that their protocols require a minimum of 6 hours of instruction time. That does not include lunch hour and breaks.


Does WHMIS 2015 have an expiry date?

Yes, every 3 years – if you work in the petroleum industry it has to be done every 3 years and must be upgraded if you are working with new or different products


What time do your courses start?

All of our courses start at 7:45 AM sharp. It is up to the instructor’s discretion whether a student be allowed into class if they are more than 20 minutes late.